*The store has not been updated recently. You may want to contact the merchant to confirm the availability of the product.
The book explains how to:
* Use advanced regular expressions, including global matches, lookarounds, readable regexes, and regex debugging
* Avoid common programing problems with secure programming techniques
* Profile and benchmark Perl to find out where to focus your improvements
* Wrangle Perl code to make it more presentable and readable
* See how Perl keeps track of package variables and how you can use that for some powerful tricks
* Define subroutines on the fly and turn the tables on normal procedural programming.
* Modify and jury rig modules to fix code without editing the original source
* Let your users configure your programs without touching the code
* Learn how you can detect errors Perl doesn't report, and how to tell users about them
* Let your Perl program talk back to you by using Log4perl
* Store data for later use in another program, a later run of the same program, or to send them over a network
* Write programs as modules to get the benefit of Perl's distribution and testing tools